Bats & Beverages
Friday, April 21, 2017 starting at 7 pm at the Flood Zone in Rock Springs
Go on a bat hike that has gone high-tech! Join us for a stroll along he Baraboo River in Rock Springs to find bats. We'll use special hand-held devices that will record the bats' calls and amplify them so we can hear them. The devices will also identify the bats! These ovservations will go back to the Wisconsin Bat Program to help them in their bat research. After our walk, we'll return to the Flood Zone Bar and Grill to enjoy some beverages!
This hike will be at night, so you may want to bring a flashlight and dress for the weather. Remember, we start at and return to The Flood Zone Bar and Grill!
What's New in 2017!
Can you believe it? We are planning our 18th Annual Earth Day Celebration right now!
Will you come out to see us? We'll be in Rock Springs at the Community Center on April 23, 2017 from 10am until 3pm.
So far, we have planned:
- two hikes, one with Ken Lange and one with Derreck Mayoleth. Bring your cameras along for both of these hikes.
- one of four presentations, this one on living off the grid, or partially off the grid.
- HCE will come back with their awesome pies
- SCAA will be doing their Encore!!Art show (which has fabulous prizes and ANYONE can join, hint, hint)
- The Devil's Lake Nature Center will be running a Kid's Corner.
- AND we have an author, Elise Moser stopping in to share her book on Milly Zantow.